Sunday, November 25, 2012

Interview with Devyn Rose

Hello everyone, I'm back. 

Today, I will be interviewing Devyn Rose, an R&B/Hip-hop/Pop singer from New York, New York. Read below, and hope you enjoy!

Make sure to check out the artist here.
More of her social media links will be posted below the interview. 

-----

How long have you been making music now? 
Professionally, I have been making music since I was 16.

At what point in your life was the defining moment that made you realize what you wanted to do, as a musician? 
It’s not really one specific defining moment, I have been singing since I was about 7 years old in the choir and It was like I was immersed into music. Growing up I was introduced to different types of music through my friends and people I was around, I wasn't allowed to listen to music in my house, my parents were really strict. I love to learn and explore different types of music, So I may wake up to some Whitney, ride to school listening to some Bone thugs and Harmony, while in the studio listening to some DMX or something like that. So under that type of influence, I would consume all genres I set out on a mission to make what I felt was true music. 

What was your first project? How have you grown since then? 
My first demo was at 16, it was the first time I was in a real recording studio with a real producer. I was so nervous but this was my plan and I knew what I wanted and since then I have grown vocally and lyrically and my sound has changed a lot.

What do you feel sets you apart from the crowd?
When it comes to me as an artist, I am unpredictable, I do all types of music, I have no boundaries…My style is unique in that I am a multi-genre artist who was mainly influenced by Bone Thugs n Harmony and Whitney Houston.

What type of music/artists have influenced you and your music?
Bone Thugs N Harmony, Whitney Houston, Minnie Riperton, Deniece Williams, among many others.


If you could describe you and your music in five words, what would they be?
I would have to say my music is eccentric, hard-hitting, powerful, inspiring, edgy.

How do you describe the style/genre of your own music?
My style and genre is an eccentric new generation mix of pop, r&b, hip-hop and more. I do whatever inspires me!



What is the inspiration for your music?
Every song I write is something a family member, a girlfriend or I have been through – they are real life stories, I do it that way simply because I want to be able to connect with anyone who listens to my music. I want the audience to relate and connect with me emotionally, like 'yea, Dev went through the same thing I am going through'.

What type of mindset do you get into before you enter the studio to record? Do you do anything special to prepare yourself?
I go into the studio with the mindset like, yeaaa I’m going to rock this record; I strive for perfection in recording, it has to feel right and sound right. I do my vocal warm-ups and I am ready to go! Just me, my manager, and the engineer.


What do you feel is the best piece of music you've created? Why do you choose this one?
The best music I have created so far in my opinion is the Holiday EP “Holidays At Home” the holiday season is my favorite time of the year, I recorded and wrote 12 songs in 7 days for the EP.

What other artists, musicians, and producers have you worked with? 
I’ve worked with multi platinum producer Dame Grease, Kurupt, Royce Da 59, French Montana, Max B, Jae Millz, N.O.R.E., DJ Webstar, and more!


What plans do you have in the near future for music release/recording? What sets this upcoming project apart from your previous ones? 
I have and I am still growing as an artist, vocally, lyrically, instrumentally, there is no telling what to expect from me. I plan on releasing another EP, touring, collaborating with more artists, and more!

Any upcoming tour plans? 
Yes, no dates set just yet, but we are in the works for top of the year!

What are your thoughts of the current state of the music industry? How do you feel you fit into it?
The industry is what it is – I am doing my own thing so I fit in perfectly!

Where do you see yourself as an artist five years from now? 
I see myself as an internationally known artist, entrepreneur, and actress.

Any words of advice for young/aspiring musicians? 
Never ever give up! :-)

Anything else?
I would like to thank anyone and everyone who has supported me and also shout out those who have doubted me on my journey thus far, Smooches to my Rose Garden. :-)

-----
Again, guys, that was Devyn Rose. You can check her out at the links below!

Official Site
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
SoundCloud




No comments:

Post a Comment