Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Striking

Today, I completed my first day of my second Berklee course, "Music Production Analysis". I have to say, Berklee, you certainly have not let me down. 

While I don't want to reveal everything learned in school (as I have a fear they'd hunt me down, kill me, or lock me up and force me to listen to the freshman violinists year after year), a striking quote did come across that I felt pretty compelled to share with everyone here. 

"Don't let studying music destroy your love for it."

Wow. Take a moment to let that sink in.
(Unless you're unlike me and totally unaffected by quotes - then get out!)

This almost happened to me in my life, many times. 

I will share how and why in the coming months on my blog, here, to you. But for now, lets just say I fight against the forces in my brain everyday that want to go dull, that don't want to sing, that don't want to play, and that want to make the melody stop. 

You should, too. You never know where it may take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment